The Certificate II in Security Operations is an entry level course that must be completed in order to apply for a security licence (unarmed) or a crowd controller licence.
Employment opportunities within the Security industry are quite varied and offer wide-ranging opportunities. From working at sporting events through to more traditional security officer roles, a career in security is certainly an exciting and rewarding one.
There are a number of prerequisites that student must meet:
- be 18 years or older
- have no recorded conviction of a disqualifying offence within the previous 10 years
- be an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident or New Zealand citizen
- satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills
If you wish to progress your security career through additional study, this course will lead to higher studies in Certificate III in Security Operations. Credit transfers/Skills Recognition may be available.
Our course experts will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our security and public safety courses.
In NSW, the length of the 1ACE licensing course is usually 102 hours face-to-face. Linked 2 has been approved by the NSW Security Licensing and Enforcement Directorate to deliver the course via an alternate learning strategy consisting of online and face-to-face delivery.
Our alternate learning strategy requires 9-12 hours of on-line engagement prior to entering the classroom for a minimum of 76.5 hours of delivery and assessment (usually over a period of 10 days).
RPL will not be recognised by the NSW Police (Security Licensing and Enforcement Directorate).
Before you enrol you must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Visit http://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi to request a USI.
Each state, territory has individual requirement(s) for licensing purposes. Please find links below for relevant regulation(s).
ACT: Access Canberra
The CPP20212 – Certificate II in Security Operations will increase your competitive advantage in security industry, and is perfect for anyone wishing to engage in the following potential job roles:
- Crowd Controller (NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC)
- Static Security Guard (NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC)
- Mobile Security Guard (NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC)
- Loss Prevention Officer (NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC)
- Monitoring Centre Operator (NSW, QLD, ACT, VIC)
- Control Room Operator (VIC)
- Guard Dog handler (ACT, QLD)
- CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
- CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
- CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
- CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
- CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Differ from state to state, depending on the licensing requirements determined by the regulatory body for that state/territory: